Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Pennsylvania Farm in August

Here's a glimpse into my personal life! Welcome to the farm :)

Last month Sam and I went to visit my family back in Pennsylvania. August is a beautiful time to visit because everything is so green and lush. As a Colorado suburbanite, I now realize how much I miss the beautiful trees, large lawns, and open fields of Pennsylvania.

During this visit I wanted to capture the farm where I grew up. My parents still live there, enjoying their retirements. My dad does an incredible job with his gardens and my mom does an equally incredible job cooking the produce from those gardens!

It was very surreal to be back this time because I had Sam. He slept in the crib I slept in when I was a baby...very special.

There are only 3 downsides to life on the farm- dial up internet, bad cell phone reception, and the closest Starbucks is over a half hour away. Now that I think about it, they're actually blessings. It's nice to be away from the inundation of technology now and then.

This is the home where I grew up
A golf course at the end of my parents' property
My lovely nieces: Delaney & Mikayla
To the right is a play house my dad built me when I was a little girl
The playhouse
A birdhouse and the old barn



This is where my mom's growing her own lavender
My amazing mom, Gloria, soaking up the moment with Sam
My sweet dad enjoying some grandpa & grandson time
Clockwise from top left: onions, red grapes, lettuce, green grapes
Pear tree
Delicious and very ripe peaches! I visited a week and I think I had peach shortcake or pie every night.
Fresh blackberries...grown up in the backyard
One of my mom's gifts. Cooking...here's a peach pie she made. It was amazing.
A shot of me and Sam. Taken by my dad :) Sam was 2 months old here...he's now over 3 months. 3 month pictures coming soon!
Delaney Jane
Mikayla Beth
Samuel James
Hope you enjoyed a Pennsylvania farm in August...

5 comments:

Liane Jackson said...

I LOVE seeing these pictures, Sa. It makes me wish I had grown up on a farm. You really captured the "feel" of everything in these shots so beautifully. All that fresh produce right in your backyard just wows me! Do you have a favorite preserve that Glo makes?

Sara Joy Martin said...

The best jelly she makes is strawberry. Delish :) I'll bring some back for you next month!

SaraBethJ said...

It is so fun to see where you grew up! All those fruits and veggies look divine! Wish I could taste that peach pie and come for a visit! Gorgeous pics. Everything is SO green!

Terri said...

unbelievably lovely, Sar. waht a blessed childhood you must have had. So cool that you now get to take your son there!

Sarah said...

Those are amazing pictures! Love this glimpse into your childhood :)