Friday, June 5, 2009

Run James Run!

Last weekend James and I hopped on a plane and headed to San Diego, CA for the San Diego marathon! This trip was exciting for me for two reasons: 1. I've never been to California before! Believe it or not...I was a California rookie- that's no longer the case. 2. I got to see James run in his first marathon! I think anyone who can run 26.2 miles (and they're not from Africa) is amazing! I was so proud of James as he faught and finished the race. Not only did James run, but his good friend Jason Vonk ran with him too. Jason's wife Kelly and I cheered our hearts out at Miles 5 & 22.5...it was so much fun and by far my favorite part of the trip.
Great job James and Jason...you did it!!!
Mile 5-San Diego marathon


James at Mile 22.5


Jason at Mile 22.5
Looking great after 26.2 miles...grea job guys!





2 comments:

SaraBethJ said...

Wow! I have serious admiration and am so proud of James! Quite a feat! Great pics Sara.....love the intensity in some of them. I love that they had Jamba Juice afterward!
love....

Terri said...

What a fun experience for you guys! Awesome job, James!