Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ashley & Phil- Wedding

This blog entry is a very special one to me. Not only did I have another chance to take pictures with Hannah Brooks of Audrey Hannah Photo, but the subject was one of my old students! (No...I don't feel old at all...yeah right!)

First- taking photos with Hannah never ceases to be a wonderful, fun, and educational experience. She is beyond gifted in the area of photography and she's a great friend. This time I learned a lot about poses and ways to position people. I think Hannah really has the eye for new and innovative poses, which can truly make a picture stand out from the ordinary.

I first met Hannah in 2005. I heard her sing pieces from the Phantom of the Opera at a dinner-theater fundraiser at our church and remember thinking she had an amazing voice. Did you all know that Hannah can sing in addition to her outstanding photography skills? Yeah...her pictures are amazing and so is her voice....moving on...we actually met through some mutual friends outside a Starbucks. Since then, I've loved watching her grow in the gifts the Lord has given her. I love that she's embraced her gifts and not ignored them. I truly believe God has honored that. Thank you Hannah for following the desires of your heart and using your gifts to bless so many...

The beautiful bride in these pictures is Ashley, one of my old students. My very first year of teaching Ashley was a junior in my American Literature class. Her sweet personality always brightened my days. Following Ashley's junior year she transferred to another high school, but I was pleasantly surprised to see her frequently at
theMILL- the college ministry James and I are involved with. Throughout the past 4 years we've kept in touch and I've loved seeing her grow into a strong and confident woman of God.

So, it's an understatement to say that taking pictures of her on her wedding day was a privilege. She chose well in marrying such a handsome groom- Phil. Phil has done an excellent job of pursuing Ashley and consistently showing her his love. I know they'll do great as life goes on...they are a great couple.


Congratulations Ashley and Phil! You are both blessings to so many...I loved helping capture your wedding day!










































6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, as always! I love the first picture! The bride's feet are both off the ground~isn't that how you feel on you wedding day?!
Love you!
bethany

Unknown said...

Sara, love the B&Ws you did at the Broadmoor - especially the one where Ashley is lounging on the pool chair. So good!

Hannah Brooks said...

Sara... the 5th photo down... GORGEOUS! My absolute fav. :)

Sarah said...

Of course the pictures are amazing... I'm not surprised about that. :) But I seriously love her colors! Those bridesmaids dresses are so bright and fun!

Anonymous said...

Great job Sara. You have captured the moment and the personality of the people incredibly. Keep up the good work!

Becky said...

Sara, WOW. These photos are stunning. They are magazine quality.

You are so talented!