Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Maili & Joey- Wedding

When Maili asked me to do her wedding photography I was really excited and nervous- considering it would be my first wedding by myself. In the past I've done a few weddings as a 2nd shooter for some of my friends, but this was my first opportunity to do an entire wedding...alone. Thank God it was with Maili and Joey, probably the world's most easy-going couple.

The wedding was on the 4th of July and the day started off a bit rocky with downpouring rain- but God was faithful. The weather cleared up enough to do pictures and have a beautiful outdoor ceremony.

Hillside Gardens in Colorado Springs was the location of the wedding and it proved to be perfect. It was so green and lush with random antiques and artifacts scattered throughout the property. It made for the perfect wedding spot. I loved taking their pictures there...so much fun!

Thank you Maili and Joey for allowing me to be part of your beautiful day! You're both amazing...

ps. Joey does an amazing job selflessly serving in the United States Army. Thank you Joey for your dedication to our country!




































7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sara - so impressed. WOW!!! You did such a great job on these. My favorite is the car - so classy.

And the first three look like they should be in a wedding magazine. Way to go!!

RachaelHope said...

gorgeous!!! great job!!!!

Terri said...

ACK! Sar, you are SO good! They must be so happy with those photos. Great job!

Marelize said...

Love the one by the gas station. They turned out beautiful. Nice.

Love you friend!

Anonymous said...

Love the one of the groom in the car with the puppy!
Sara, you are so talented and special! Love you!
bethany

Jen said...

amazing!! you have an amazing eye!

Sarah said...

Sara, you did a fantastic job! Their trust in you was VERY well-placed!!