Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I'm so excited about it. It's been interesting to see how Thanksgiving has evolved for me. I realized tonight that it's been 4 years since I had Thanksgiving with my family, which is a bit sad for me. Since I moved out to Colorado and met James I've done Thanksgiving with him and his family. Last year we started a fun tradition of going to see the Schaefer's for the holiday, and this year we're getting a dose of both. We'll have dinner with James' family and then fly to see the Schaefer's in Seattle. Maybe next year we can go to Pennsylvania and have Thanksgiving dinner on the farm? Nothing like the country at Thanksgiving.
Looking at my life I realize that I have so much to be thankful for, from my warm bed at night to my God and Savior Jesus Christ. I have been blessed with everything I need. So now I'm going to take the initiative to acknowledge the top 10 things that I am so grateful for:

1. Jesus Christ and salvation that comes only through Him.
2. My husband, who is so amazing.
3. My families (Martin & Rockwell).
4. Wonderful friends from years past and those that I've come to know recently.
5. A great church and community of believers.
6. A good job and great people to work with.
7. Chai tea.
8. Safe and cozy apartment.
9. Reliable car.
10. Food on the table and pumpkin pies in the oven...

Really, the list could go on and on. This truly is such a special holiday and great time of year. I encourage everyone to take the time to thank the Lord for the little blessings in life. I guarantee you'll be surprised at how long the list becomes. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: